The industrial town in foothills of Giant mountains in the valley of river Labe. The oldest town in this area. It was originated in time of reign of Přemysl Otakar II.
In the Middle Ages the cloister of Black Monk´s friary was situated in Hostinné. The town was destroyed by fire in the year 1610 and built again by Hans Kryštof from Valdštějn. Interesting buildings in the town are the Renaissance town-hall and decanal church of Nejsvětější Trojice.
The famous museum of antic art occurs in the object of former church of St. František.